Maine GOP Calls On Michaud To Denounce Extremist Maine People’s Alliance
For Immediate Release: May 7, 2014
Contact: Jason Savage (207) 622-6247
Maine GOP Calls On Michaud To Denounce
Maine People’s Alliance
Republicans say candidate’s cozy relationship with activist group is
unbecoming a major party candidate for Governor
Augusta – The Maine Republican Party today is calling on Democrat candidate for Governor Mike Michaud to denounce the Maine People’s Alliance in the face of new controversy created by the radical liberal organization.
“In light of the recent attacks on Rep. Dale Crafts, and the Maine People’s Alliance’s long history of extreme actions, we are calling on Mike Michaud to denounce the MPA and end his relationship with them immediately,” said Jason Savage, executive director of the Maine Republican Party.
“Mike Michaud can use all the nicest sounding buzzwords about ‘civility’ and ‘respect’ on the campaign trail, but as long as he welcomes the support of this extremist group who is launching vicious attacks and doing misdeeds across the state, his words ring hollow,” said Mr. Savage.
Not only did the Maine People’s Alliance recently attack a Republican Legislator who is confined to a wheelchair for having ‘no spine’ and refusing to ‘stand up’ to Governor LePage, but they have established a long history of other attacks and misdeeds as well.
- The same Maine People’s Alliance staffer who crashed Governor LePage’s press conference regarding paying off Maine’s massive hospital debt, verbally abused a worker at a Greyhound Station, then posted video of his attack online, bragging about it.
- The Maine People’s Alliance staffer who was charged for stealing from an older woman in Ellsworth while she was canvassing for the MPA.
- The Maine People’s Alliance flooding Senator Brian Langley’s phone while he waited for an important call from his wife’s Doctor.
- The Maine People’s Alliance using mob tactics to invade a Brunswick bank branch and intimidate their staff.
- The Maine People’s Alliance shouting down a multiple sclerosis awareness event in the Hall of Flags at the State House.
“Is this the type of extremism Mike Michaud supports?” asked Mr. Savage. “The Maine People’s Alliance is proudly distributing Michaud bumper stickers directly through their non-profit 501(c)4 website, and their PAC has already made a large donation directly to his campaign. It is time for Mike Michaud to come clean, is his campaign for Governor about riding herd on a pack of extremists to win the Blaine House, or are his words about civility and respect in Maine politics sincere?”
“The tale of two Michaud campaigns begins right now, and only Mike Michaud himself can tell us which one is reality. Will the real Mike Michaud please stand up?” Mr. Savage concluded.
Congressman Michaud proudly stands with the Maine People’s Alliance
Congressman Michaud cozies up with the Maine People’s Alliance to get a photo-op in April of 2013.